Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2 Flags and a Lemon Poppy Quick Bread Recipe

Dear Polish Jesus,

I have to tell you that the Saints of Warsaw, Saint Faustina and John Paul Deuce will always come first in my heart, but you do need to realize that 1/2 the DNA in my body is Irish.

Bobby Fischer was Jewish and anti semitic, look where that got him. Dude ended up get extradited in Tokyo, beaten in a jail cell, and dieing a wicked lonely death.

The older I get, the more I realize that you have to honor your bloodlines.

Sure, you can run from your family, but you can't outrun that red stuff that flows through your veins.

When I was a kid, my mother always pushed the Polack angle. I think that's because she was ditched by her Irish husband and therefore she was determined to block him out mentally.

Every time I produced a potato or loaf of soda bread.....the poor woman recoiled in fear.

But with that said, Danny Klecko slid out of the womb, and over his crib were 2 flags.

One was Polish, and the other was Irish.

As you know Polish Jesus, I will bow to no deity that comes off the Emerald Isle, but I really feel I should pay my respects, or perhaps like the former world chess champion, I too may become tainted.

I will take the first step of this journey by confessing to you the intentions of what is currently laying dormant in my heart.

We are not all that far off from JFK's 50 year anniversary of his assasination.

Think about that, it has been 1/2 a century since Camelot's King has been slain, and to date, nobody has been held responsible for this.

The fact that one of the historys greatest visionaries was gunned down is upsetting enough, but the fact that "We the People" have never applied enough pressure on the goverment to aknowledge that some rouge element, within their own system was responsible......that makes me mad as hell.

So Polish Jesus, please hear my prayer.

Please comfort my former President as he sits by your side, and let him know that not all hope is lost.

Sometimes in this world a "GUY" just realizes, if nobody else can get the job done.....well, they just gotta do it themselves.

I don'r have a strategy yet P.J., but I am certain that through my mere confession, the starting gate has opened.

Help me to put President Kennedy's ghost to rest for good!

And in the mean time.....I'll leave a Polacks quick bread recipe for the Micks.

God only knows....they can't bake worth a lick...LOL

In the name of the Father-Son and Polish Jesus.

LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
6 ounces salad oil
3 eggs
1/4 cup poppy seed (add more or less to taste)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
1/4 c. lemon juice (but if you can get lemon emulsion, thats even better. Use 2 capfulls.)


Fill your foil or muffin tin 66-75% full.

Place into an oven preheated to 400 "F" for 10 minutes.

At the 10 minute mark reduce your heat to 350 "F" and leave it their for the remainder of the bake.

Your bake time will be determined by your pieces size, a pound and a half loaf in a foils is roughly 45 minutes. But You will notice when the loaf is done it will pull away from the foils walls.

sometimes I will use a cake pin or wooden toothpick and stick it into the center. If it comes out clean...you are good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment