Friday, May 4, 2012

Death to the Yankees?

If a guy had a chance to eliminate Hitler, would the world have viewed that guy as a murderer..or a bad man?

How about if a woman fought back and slayed Jack the Ripper to get free...would her action(s) be acceptable?

************************************************************************************************************

Last night Klecko came home from a friends house, Sue McGleno was out of town, so it was just your favorite baker alone with his 4 dogs.

When Sue McGleno is out of town, or just absent from the house, I never turn off the TV. So as I walked into the living room, I saw mayhem taking place on a baseball field.

The camera did a close up on Yankee superstar A-Rod.

He had a look of abject horror on his face, and then he started running.

Knowing that they were in Kansas City, I didn't rule out the possibility of a sniper, or thugs rioting.

If you recall a couple years ago, a hillbilly tandem....father & son rushed the field and beat the crap out of the first base ump.

Later that summer, somebody took pot shots into the stadium with a 22.

But now I see A-Rod, standing over some other Yankee stretched out in pain.

I couldn't make out who it was at first,but when I eventually saw the #42, I realized it was their king.

The unflappable closer, Mariano Rivera.

Derek Jeter joined the crowd as well, he stood over his comrade of 20 years with a sick look on his face, Yankee skipper Joe Girardi looked like he want to cry.

I guess Rivera was shagging fly balls during batting practice and caught a spike in the grass, or warning track. He twisted his knee, and hours later they discovered he tore his ACL.

I am always glad when bad news befalls the Yankee's, but I took no joy in seeing this.

Rivera was hoisted onto a cart that cruised him off the field.

You could see tears welling up in his eyes, not from the pain, but because there has been speculation that this was going to be his last year with the Bronx Bombers.

During the commercial break, I caught my breath, and my mind flashed back to the play offs several years ago.

The Yankees came to the Twin Cities to battle my Minnesota Twins.

Everybody was in a fever, playing the Yankees is big enough during the regular season, but in the playoffs, the anti goes up.

So there I am at the bakery, the phone rings from a catering company, and they apologized for calling late but they needed something like 20 dozen sourdough dollar rolls.

"Sorry brah, 2 p.m. is the deadline...rules are rules" I said.

Now a silence, more silence...then dude responds...

"I feel ya Klecko, but if you could make an exception, this is a huge opportunity, we're catering a gig for the Yankees tomorrow."

O-M-G.......

A sinister grin took over my face.

If a guy had a chance to eliminate Hitler, would the world have viewed that guy as a murderer..or a bad man?

How about if a woman fought back and slayed Jack the Ripper to get free...would her action(s) be acceptable?

Klecko never took one of those doctors oaths...LOL, I was in a position....to at least Ex-Lax the crap out of the boys in pin stripes.

A boy can dream huh?

Of course I didn't do something awful like that, and my hometown squad suffered from my niceness.

The game went to extra innings and Gardy left Twins closer....Joe Nathan in for a 3rd inning, of course we lost.

Anyways, it cracks me up that I had to feed the demographic I most hate on this planet....

Polish Christ forgive me.....Klecko fed the Yankees.






3 comments:

  1. I guess that would be like me baking for the Cubs or, God help me, the Jayhwaks. :-) Bill M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL......But at least your Cardinals are World Champions, and....you dumped Albert at the right time.

      Delete
    2. LOL......But at least your Cardinals are World Champions, and....you dumped Albert at the right time.

      Delete