Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Dentist's Irish Cream Recipe

Bailey's Irish Cream, certain to be a culinary staple of any Mick or Pastry Chef.....right?

Well, wouldn't you know that just prior to Thanksgiving (the day before in fact), I was talking to my dental hygienst out in their buisness office where she asked me.....

"Hey Klecko, what kind of pie will your family be eating tomorrow."

I responded.....

"Funny you should ask, Sue McGleno took it upon herself to put herself in charge of pies this year and she got Pumpkin, Chocolate Cream.....and get this, Triple Berry! I asked where is the Apple? And she just rolled her eyes, like I said a swear word in church."

Desi (my dental hygienist) stood there for a second, smirked and then with a full throttle smile decided to support my wife....

Apple, what's wrong with you Danny? Nobody has Apple at Thanksgiving. I'm having Pumpkin and Triple Berry too."

I swear to the Polish Christ......I thought I was dreaming, and God had placed me in the script of some bad sitcom from the 80's.

As I stood there motionless, one of the 10 women from behing the buisness counter asked....

"Danny, why don't you make that Irish Car Bomb Bundt that you demoed at the State Fair?"

This brought back fond memories and I smiled.

Another woman somewhat befuddled by what an Irish Car Bomb was asked for a description.

I was more than happy to comply....

"Irish Car Bombs are a flavor concept that incorperates Guinness Beer, Jameson Whiskey and Bailey's Irish Cream. It's one of the top flavor hits on the internet, and some are bold enough to announce it as this years Red Velvet."

Now the woman (Mari) who asked if i was going to make the Bundt continued questioning me.....

"Do you make your own Irish Cream, or do you just use Bailey's?"

What kind of silliness was this? Bailey's is the ONLY Irish Cream....isn't it?

So now I ask her (Mari), and she also rolls hers eyes as if to say that Bailey's is crap, and only savages use it, but I can't say that because I am at work here in the dental office.

"Wow" I said "I never knew anybody made their own."

Now all the woman behind the counter flashed this look of disdain, as if to say......

"Some kind of baker you are, Thanksgiving at your house must be ghetto."

Mari just shook her head and demanded my e-mail address, the following recipe is sent with compliments from Mari, and all the kids at Metro Dental......

Hi Dan
 
Mari from Metro Dental and I told you I have an Irish Cream recipe. It rocks and is soooooooooooo good!
 
Bailey's Irish Cream
 
1 3/4 c irish whiskey
1 can sweetend condensed milk
1 c whipping cream
4 eggs ( I use egg beaters)
1 tblsp chocolate syrup
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp coconut extract
 
As I said, put this all in a bowl and use my stick blender to mix this, or you can put it in a blender to mix
Shake before serving
Refrig-keeps for up to 1 month (if it lasts that long)
 
Let me know what you think. This makes the stuff in the bottle taste bad. You'll never drink it again.
 
Mari

1 comment:

  1. Well, wouldn't you know that just prior to Thanksgiving (the day before in fact), I was talking to my dental hygienst out in their buisness office where she asked me..... dentist office near me

    ReplyDelete